Why is paypal pay in 4 not showing up anymore?

Renaul
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I tried applying for a paypal pay in 4 transaction, however paypal declined my pay in 4 application and sent the following message "Your application was processed by a proprietary scoring system that assigns a numerical value to the various items of information we consider in evaluating an application. These numerical values are based upon the results of analyses of credit histories of large numbers of customers. Since you have a limited credit history at the traditional credit bureau, we tried to approve you using non-traditional credit information. Unfortunately, your application did not score a sufficient number of points for approval for the following reasons: Too many declined payments on your PayPal account using a card. Proportion of payments on all of your Pay in 4 installment loans that were declined. Amount of Pay in 4 installment loan payments declined due to insufficient funds. Thank you for your interest in PayPal Pay in 4. Sincerely, PayPal" Now when I tried to reapply the option for Pay in 4 doesn't show up anymore..I am usually very good about paying off my Pay in 4 transactions so I am a little confused as to why I got this message. Anywho, I was wondering if anybody else had gotten this message? and does Paypal ever reinstate your ability to use Paypal Pay in 4 after such an occurrence?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Renaul, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum! 

We appreciate your interest in this payment option, Please be advised the pay in 4 funding option is not available to all customers. If you are eligible to use this option, it will appear on the checkout page. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.