PayPal credit choose which to pay

Temp20211002an
New Community Member
Hi, I have a 24 month plan interest free and also a pay within 4 months to avoid interest…. I paid the monthly instalment on my 24 month plan and would like to make another payment off my 4 month one but doesn’t seem to be a option? I did do another payment but that went off the 24month one Obviously I would like to start paying off the 4 month one first before that expires before interest . Any help grateful
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MJonesUK
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here - I see there has been no response!  I have a 'pay in 4' from eBay, alongside other installments, my direct debit has paid nothing off of the pay in 4 plan and I'm now left having pay it all off in one go (good job I checked).  Seems bizzare, and like you say, I can't make a payment directly to that option.  Don't get it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MJonesUK,

Welcome! Our PayPal Credit and our Pay-in-4 options work a bit differently than each other. You should be able to choose which installment plan you'd like to pay after your minimum payment is met with your PayPal Credit payments. Similar for your Pay-in-3 or Pay-in-4 repayments, you can choose to pay extra / early by logging into your PayPal account, choosing the plan you want to pay and click Make a Payment. Also, the repayments for Pay-in-3 or Pay-in-4 and PayPal Credit would be two separate repayment schedules. For Pay-in-3 or Pay-in-4, after your down payment, your 2 or 3 subsequent repayments will be taken automatically from the confirmed debit card, credit card, or bank account you provided at the time of your application.

I hope that clears things up, 

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MJonesUK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the comprehensive response, I still find it a bit confusing though.  For example, my '0% for 4 months' purchases:  

Purchase date: 12 Aug, 2021

Purchase amount: £455.04

Remaining balance: £409.90

Expires: 12 Dec, 2021

" For Pay-in-3 or Pay-in-4, after your down payment, your 2 or 3 subsequent repayments will be taken automatically.." - that doesnt appear to be the case here and I've now got to pay all the balance off before 12th Dec.  Should I have been manually making extra payments?

Thanks in advance.  Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.