Pay in 4 Charged Twice for one Order?

Sparrow27
Contributor
Contributor
So I got sent an invoice by the seller of my item to pay the shipping. I saw the pay in 4 and decided to go that route as I couldn't pay the full amount in one go. Turns out I have been charged twice. I will be ringing them once they are available but was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. I did go to the pay in 4 payment page once but pressed cancel because I didn't know whether I wanted to do it but ended up deciding to do it anyways and went to the payment page again. I am not sure if that's why I was charged twice or what but its causing me major anxiety. Update: I rang them up and the issue was solved very quickly. I am now at ease 🙂
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Sparrow27,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern with this. When you attempt to make a payment, the amount can be temporarily charged to your bank/card. This is an authorization charge.

As you only completed one transaction, the merchant will only complete one order. Therefore, the other temporary charge will be removed from your bank within 72 hours. This is normal practice for online payments, so no need to be worried if this happens again.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.