"Money is waiting for you" email. Paypal says: "We are not able to find this transaction id." WHAT?

Johnhoward28
Contributor
Contributor

Okay.  So a person I am working for sent me some money via paypal in payment for work I have done for them.  I was expecting to receive the money from them.  I got an email from, <removed>, titled, "Money is waiting for you".   I was on the road over the weekend and did not try to claim the money until today, but when I click on the "Get Details" button in the email, it takes me to a blank page in paypal that says: " We are not able to find this transaction id. Can you please check and try again later."

I show no sign of this activity in my paypal account at all.  What is going on?  I have never received this kind of "Money is waiting for you" email before.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnhoward28 

Double check the email address that he sent the funds to and make sure its the same email address that is linked to your paypal account and not another one that you own.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Johnhoward28
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!  That is the issue.  I went to my Paypal Settigns to try to add that email address to my list, but paypal will not allow me to add it.  I just get an error that says.

"Sorry, there's a problem. If you keep seeing this, please contact customer service."

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi Johnhoward28,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.