purchase

jdee123
New Community Member

Hi

how can i pay for an item i bought on ebay with the money i have in my paypal account?

thank you

john

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdee123 

First your PayPal account has to be a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account as per:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

Second, make the PayPal balance your preferred payment method for online purchases (2 ways to do this):

A) Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Online Purchases > Change

B) Click Wallet at the top, click the payment method you want to set as default on the left and click "Set as Preferred" on the right.

Third, make sure you have a card linked to select as back up to the balance if asked to during checkout, even though you have enough in the PayPal balance.

Fourth, take your time and review your payment to make sure the PayPal balance is selected as the main funding source during checkout.

If that don't work...its some bug or it's paypal's internal security system being triggered and have speak to customer service to see what else could be the problem:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.