money sent to deactivated email

Marconi45
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

about one and half month ago I´ve sent money to a friend and after that he told me, that he has a new email address and the old one is deactivated. I´ve issues a refund, but he can´t login and confirm refund. I´ve also tried to issue a problem via resolution centar. Only choice was to report an unauthorized transaction, but paypal refused it. I see transaction as completed.

How can I get my money back?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marconi45 

Sorry but if the email address you sent it to was deactivated then the payment would show as pending/unclaimed and would NOT complete.

How much of a 'friend' is this person only its a scammers trick to get you to send funds using the friends/family option and then pretend it has not gone through for one excuse or another knowing that there is nothing you can do about it as you have 0 buyer protection.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction, which it of course was.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.