Wrong tax amount on Activity Download report

ArtsParadis
New Community Member

Greetings! A couple months back I started using the Activity Download report to streamline my bookkeeping, and I noticed an issue. When I pull the Activity Download report and look at a transaction that involves both Shipping and Sales Tax, the report has the wrong amounts listed. We are required to charge sales tax on shipping in our home state, and that seems to be causing the problem.

Example from last week: a $37.00 sale plus $4.00 shipping and 8% sales tax. The invoice (correctly) shows $3.28 in tax, for a grand total of $44.28. The same transaction on the Activity Download report shows the correct gross of $44.28, but only shows $2.96 in tax (which would be the tax on the $37 sales price).

Can someone help with figuring out what's going on here? I'm having to go through each invoice manually to pull the sales tax amounts and make sure they're correct, which is a huge timesink, and I'm still afraid I'll do it wrong and wind up in trouble with the state for doing my taxes wrong.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.