Stimulus check

Teyyoncee12
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone gotten there stimulus check deposited into their account??

Login to Me Too
2,382 REPLIES 2,382

Dnosmommy
New Community Member
Did anyone else use their paypal card to receive their income tax refund? If so have you already received your stimulus deposits?
Login to Me Too

Kucooshoppytop
Contributor
Contributor
I did.. and was just informed it will likely be Friday or Monday before we receive our deposits. "They understand the frustration, but hope we continue to utilize their other services while we wait on our funds"
Login to Me Too

DJ10_2
Contributor
Contributor
I did get my last two stimuluses in my PayPal but my account numbers have changed since then because my account got changed to a business account and then I changed it back and they didn't give me my same account numbers back so I don't know if I'm going to get my third one in my PayPal or if it's going to get messed up
Login to Me Too

codeyg34
New Community Member
I got my stimulus check in but it got sent to my old paypal account and routing numbers, i can’t seem to login cause my accounts locked and customer service is slow, anything else i could possibly do it ensure that my money is either safe? or that i know i’ll be able to still get into that old paypal.
Login to Me Too

robinscrazylife
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know for a fact it was actually deposited into your old account? I'm asking because no one else has received theirs of whom I'm aware. The IRS portal indicates they should've been deposited today, and apparently every financial institution I know has deposited what they've received except for PayPal.

Login to Me Too

AmyBrooke0207
Contributor
Contributor
2:17pm and still haven’t received my DD.
Login to Me Too

eric203kid
Contributor
Contributor
Same here no deposits, no PayPal customer service people to help or answer questions... I'm disappointed 😔
Login to Me Too

robinscrazylife
Contributor
Contributor

I've heard multiple things about the deposits. I've heard they have 3-5 days. This is what I found regarding the batch deposits & 3-5 day posting:

When will my Direct Deposit be available in my PayPal Cash Plus account on my Pay Day?

"Direct deposits are processed in multiple batches throughout the day and are completed by 8pm EST. If you haven’t received your direct deposit by this time on your pay day, you should confirm with the sender (your employer) that you are set up with the correct routing and account number you provided and that it has been processed. Once confirmed you may contact Customer Service to investigate further. "  

The IRS Payment is a scheduled deposit. They were transmitted initially on 04/11/2020. That goes to the Treasury. The Treasury would've processed it Monday night and then transmitted it last night to the appropriate financial institutions. PayPal would've received that information. There is no reason, nor do they have the right to hold those funds. They have shut down all customer service and corporate lines. I sent a message as instructed, but four hours later I have yet to receive a response. I'm currently on hold with Wells Fargo since they hold the custodial fiduciary accounts for PayPal.

Why is my refund pending?

"If your refund status is pending, it means the transaction was refunded before it cleared your bank, or the seller issued the refund using money from their bank which has not cleared yet. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete. Once the process is completed, the refund will be credited to your bank account. If you initially paid for the transaction with your credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to that card within 30 days."

How long does it take to transfer money from a U.S. bank account to my PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account?
"It usually takes 3 to 5 business days to transfer money from a U.S. bank account to your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account."
Neither of these apply because it is not a refund of a transaction, nor is it a transfer from a U.S. bank account.
Login to Me Too

Kucooshoppytop
Contributor
Contributor
I received a message back from the message center telling me that it would likely be Friday or Monday before we receive our deposits. They are Sorry for the inconvenience. Ridiculous
Login to Me Too

robinscrazylife
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a copy of that? You can get it in the message center. I'm considering calling the FDIC and/or the US Treasury. PayPal has left us with no avenue of live contact and has not publicly addressed the situation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.