Please protest the new change in policies regarding refunds

angel2019
New Community Member

This is a message I sent to PayPal: Dear PayPal, ARE YOU SERIOUS? I am going to explore other options for online payment if this is true;

• We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

I am sorry but this is outrageous, considering the amount of fees you are already charging.
Please reconsider this change!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DH372
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay has been rolling out their own payment system. So far I've seen no reason to use theirs, as I am happy with PayPal. But this is enough of a game-changer for me to look into switching. Most of my refunds (more than half) come from buyers changing their mind in under 24 hours and wanting me to cancel the order before it ships. I had one yesterday on a $600 purchase. For the past decade it has been easy to oblige the buyer. Now I'm supposed to explain that I can't cancel because I'll be out $24 in fees? Or I'm just supposed to eat the $24 because that is part of the cost of doing business? As I said, it is at that point that I start looking at other payment processing options.

Login to Me Too

EricTheRed1000
Contributor
Contributor

This policy is NOT inline with "industry standards." no other processor does this.

I had a customer make a mistake and order $9,000 of product.

I would not refund it until PayPal agreed to NOT charge ANY fees.

They backed off.

Here is how you need to go about it.

Paypal says that IF the bank (buyer's credit card bank) demands a refund, then PayPal will not charge the fee if ...

The buyer's bank says the purchase was made in error.

But if YOU the merchant issues a refund - boom - you get dinged.

So how do you fix this?

A) Get the customer's permission to act as them, and their agent. 

Once you have an email (writing) from the buyer, then YOU are the buyer's bank/him.

And Paypal backed off.

B) Nag.

I just kept nagging until Paypal relented.

C) Call them.

The phone agents are much more responsive than chat or email.

D) Open an alternate for large purchases.

I opened a Payoneer account, although I am in the U.S.

Amazon payments is looking better and better.

As is eBay payments.

I suspect it's time for most of us to look into an alternate payment processor.

Login to Me Too

sacmasapan

I had to cancel a selling because of some problems. And when they refund the money to the customer I noticed  they took more money from my account. When I asked why? Here is their answer:

''Welcome to PayPal Messaging! This is Audrey. I'll be assisting you today. I can sense the importance of this matter. If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you.''

I protest them and anybody knows how can I can I take this money back? And also they cut a lot fees. I protest them again and I think we must be together and show them the right way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.