Paypal issue or ebay issue

McAdam211
New Community Member
I sold an item on ebay. The buyer states they have paid. I havent recieved confirmation payment was recieved. The buyer stated that the issue is on my end. That my email account hadn't been linked to my paypal. I have tried and tried to contact a live agent for ebay and a live agent for paypal. PayPal. I spoke to someone claiming to be a paypal agent who stated my account was frozen. They asked me to go to a store and purchase gift cards and give them the numbers to unlock my paypal. Please help.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McAdam211 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them....when available as they are sadly lacking at the moment due to covid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.