Paypal Invoices templates - no shipping required

Macktacular
New Community Member

Short version: Using paypal so that my mother's cottage rental business (small operation) can take deposits and payments by debit and credit card. I'm trying to make an invoice template so that she can send invoices to her guests. We've tried one, and the money is on hold because Paypal is waiting for confirmation that the item has shipped.

How do I set up my invoice template so that it is processed as a service and not a physical good, and the money isn't on hold for 21 days? I can't seem to find any shipping options until after the invoice is sent.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Macktacular 

All payments are/may be subject to holds according to these factors, not that it's a service vs shipped goods. Not all payments may get the hold either because sender can report a problem to dispute for either. Whenever there is a hold, click "Add Tracking" button in the transaction details, select an order status (Processed), then ask the other party (or PayPal will email them when status is updated) to "confirm receipt" on their end of the transaction to release funds. If sender does not confirm receipt, you'll have to wait the full 21 days before PayPal releases funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.