Payments with balance not proposed

Lecalvaire
Hello, I just have created a PayPal account and since I have no credit card, I'd like to make a payment with the PayPal balance (namely, Spotify student which is a monthly payment). But when I'm about to check out, it only proposes me to add a card to my PayPal account, is it because my balance is 0 or because it is impossible to make such a payment with the balance ? I'd like to be sure before filling in the balance... (By the way, I didn't link any bank account either). Thank you for your answers !
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Lecalvaire,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

It is possible to make a payment using the balance on your PayPal account if you have a balance available. What is happening in this case is that you are trying to set up a regular payment. As we are unable to predict when you will have money in your balance, when you set up a regular payment this must be linked to a funding source such as a card or a bank. If you don't have a credit card you can still add a debit card or a bank account depending on your country. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.