NSF Charges

Crimeboss
Contributor
Contributor

I have a default payment on my PP profile. When I use PP for some vendors, this is not used and I get an NSF charge from my bank. How can I prevent this? I don't think I should be charged because it seems as though PP is not honoring my preferred settings.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Crimeboss,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with your preferred payment method being used with some vendors. Is it possible some of these vendors are charging their transactions as Billing Agreements or Subscriptions? Changing your preferred payment method on your PayPal account will not affect the payment method you selected for your billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments.

Here's a Help Center article that dives into this topic a bit more in-depth: What is my preferred payment method and how can I change it?

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.