How can I refund a buyer with limited account

Notbeyonce
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, I need to refund a buyer who has gotten impatient! My account is limited as Paypal want be to add a bank account but I can’t because my bank is linked with another PayPal from a decade ago which I don’t remember the email details. I don’t like trouble and wish I could refund the lady but it’s just not possible. She has threatened fire and brimstone if refund is not there by 9am tomorrow. I’m scared of a negative review cos my shop is unique and if I get a negative then it’s goodbye to any sales. If anyone knows how to refund her now will be great, I have clicked issue refund countless times but none succeeded. Who do I need to ring tomorrow to sort it out, isnitmpaypalmor ebay? will they do it straight away or frustrate me further as I don’t have a spare bank details to add . Will need to open a new bank account.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Notbeyonce 

You can only 'fund' a refund via funds already in your paypal balance OR a bank account.

If you have no funds in your balance and your bank account isn't linked then clicking refund won't work.

HOWEVER there is an easy way, get a close mate or family member with a bank account AND funds in their balance and get them to send YOU a friends / family payment to your account, that way there is no fee and you should get it instantly.

DO NOT get them to fund it from their bank account or it 'may' go as an echeque and take a week to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.