Credit/Debit Card Payment Issue through Ebay

Fivos92
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Yesterday one item i've listed on Ebay was sold and the buyer proceeded with the payment (around to 24hours passed) using his/her credit/debit card, since i don't have a merchant account the payment it shall be processed through Paypal but there is nothing on my Paypal account. 
Already contacted Ebay support and they advise to contact Paypal directly since it's not something they can control.
I have also received the below message from the buyer:
Payment is being processed and instead of a dollar icon on this Item there is an hourglass icon - The hourglass icon instead of the dollar icon indicating the payment made may appear for the following reasons:
1) The seller had technical problems with accepting payments
2) The seller is not configured to automatically accept money and he must confirm this receipt manually

If such a badge appears, it is advisable to contact the seller and clarify the reason why he cannot accept your payment.

Anyone with the same issue? Please advise.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fivos92 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fivos92
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for the reply.

The email is correct, and also i'm still waiting for an official answer from Paypal. 

Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Fivos92

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with a payment through eBay. Have you received any email communication, from PayPal, that states that the payment has been completed to you? If you haven't, that means the payment hasn't been completed from the buyers end. If you have, and you are unable to see the payment in your PayPal account, I would suggest calling our customer service. When you call, please make sure you have that email available, as they will be asking for the transaction information. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

RetroRecipee
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue in that it has sold items and received payment but it is not in my pending balance or my available account balance is the only option to exchange my PayPal plus to a business account the email I received said something about a premier account but I can't find anything on
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.