Cancel Pending Payment

Maxx52
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way i can cancel a pending payment? The website i sent money to using my PayPal Business Debit card, i found out that it is a scam and i'm trying to stop the pending payment.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maxx52

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.
If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

That is unless its a pending echeque but then you would have an estimated clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maxx52

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.
If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

That is unless its a pending echeque but then you would have an estimated clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MPISH
Contributor
Contributor

UMMP THAT IS NOT TRUE.  I mistakenly hit the submit button after going off the page and coming back on, and it immediately said complete, AND I was told by paypal when I called them right away that they has already (within a minute of me accidently placing the order, sent the merchant (NOT EBAY) the money. So what you said about "When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment", is 100% false!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MPISH 

Nope not 100% false at all, get your facts right.

I said ...

"When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment",

This is because it depends on the payment method of the merchant / company and how they accept their payments. 

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/payments/authorize-and-capture-payments/

OFTEN does not mean ALWAYS.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.