Bank unavailable for payment

Ns1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. In the past few months I have successfully made a few payments using my bank account via PayPal. However, my bank account is unavailable as a payment option all of a sudden, and PayPal is asking me to use a credit or debit card instead. 

None of my payments are shown as pending as the money has been successfully withdrawn from my bank account, and the payment is listed completed in my PayPal statement. It's been 8 days since my payments have been fully processed, and I still cannot make any purchases using my bank account, which is my only source of payment. 

The closest I have gotten as to why my bank account is unavailable as a payment method is the following:

"The funds could take up to 5 business days to be cleared by the US federal reserve. But we already paid Newegg.com back in August 27. What we did was we up fronted the money even though the funds could take up to 5 business days to be cleared by the bank and the US federal reserve. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready. When you reply, one of our available agents or myself will continue to help you."

"You can still use your bank for sending the money however it will be send as a form of e check which will take up to 6 business days before the receiver gets the money. We have to wait for the first payment we have processed to clear and we can go ahead fronting the money again."

Is it possible that it is taking longer than expected due to the Labor Day weekend?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.