pending payment

garrystevenson7
Contributor
Contributor

hi community

I recently sold an item on ebay on 3rd april. It still says the payment is "being processed through paypal".

Does anyone know how long the payment from 1 paypal to another takes to go through fully?

I thought it would've been instant..

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a person saying it should've went through already.

Thanks in advance. Have a great day.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Kiml1919
Contributor
Contributor
Echeck payment is made from a connected bank account. Its essentially an electronic funds transfer that clears the host within 3-5 days. Almost the same basic concept of an ach transfer. Wait until the payment clears before you ship.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Kiml1919
Contributor
Contributor
An echeck on average will take 3-5 days to clear, is this the payment type you are referring to?
Login to Me Too

garrystevenson7
Contributor
Contributor

hi kiml

thanks for the quick response. what is echeck? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Kiml1919
Contributor
Contributor
Echeck payment is made from a connected bank account. Its essentially an electronic funds transfer that clears the host within 3-5 days. Almost the same basic concept of an ach transfer. Wait until the payment clears before you ship.
Login to Me Too

garrystevenson7
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply.

the buyer was saying money has been taken from his bank and I should've received it by now..

If it takes 3-5 days I will wait a few more days to see if payment clears okay on my side.

thanks so much for your time and patience.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garrystevenson7 

It won't be an echeque, can you do this.................

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

garrystevenson7
Contributor
Contributor
hi there I called eBay as payment still pending. They said the buyer hasn't verified there eBay account & that's why it's still pending. Until they verify there eBay account it will remain as pending. I've messaged the buyer & instructed them to verify there eBay account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@garrystevenson7 

ok just to humour me can you just go and do what i said and double check the email addy on your auction?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

garrystevenson7
Contributor
Contributor
my email address is correct & up to date.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.