pay after delivery option missing

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

Hi has any UK noticed the pay after delivery option is missing from payment methods.

or is this only my account ?

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

we had it working but only on five items, now no longer available again... seems its all a bit hit and miss, so we are now thinking of using other methods rather than paypal... 

as shame really, the option for 14 days encouraged shopping.. giving you time to move in spending..

Login to Me Too

zebsogo
Contributor
Contributor

I just googled this issue and it seems it has been removed/withdrawn  from the US paypal site ..possibly now in the UK

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zebsogo 

No its still available in the UK, however its NEVER guaranteed.

As its basically a 14 day interest free loan made by paypal then its up to paypal if and when it is offered (nothing to do with the seller).

Paypals cash flow due to covid may well be reduced so they are not going to let everyone use it ALL of the time, its offered when and if they decide to.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pennyb119
Contributor
Contributor
It's still active in the UK. I added something to my basket and it was there yesterday. I went back to the site as I'd forgotten something, but when I went back to pay again the option was gone?? Scratches head 🤔
Login to Me Too

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same has thing with ours, it has work intermittently. 

It was working for about 3 days then nothing again.. that was over 3 weeks ago, all very random since lockdown began.

So it does seem the old excuse thats it down to the seller is very incorrect, I have tried several times to use with a company that has never had an issue buying from using the 14 day payment option. that has not worked with them since the beginning of UK lockdown.

Its all a very random thing now... we have begun to shop with other methods.. much less ebay and paypal use.

Pay after delivery was a great option helping budget buying things and made ebay and paypal more attractive to used, now we just shop using cash or card on shops direct..less ebay till its either repaired or better options are around..

Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It is eBay's destructive managed payments that now no longer allows the option of Pay After Delivery 😞

If Pay After Delivery is not offered I do not buy the item = Seller and eBay loses out !  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.