Sales Tax based on customer location not items

suer2210
Contributor
Contributor

One of the things I found most cumbersome was the inability to designate specific customers as ones that needed sales tax applied on all their invoices, and have it automatically calculated. I sell tangible products (jewelry) and am required to collect tax if they are in my state. It is a time waste to have to check the sales tax option for EVERY item on an invoice. In the past, I would add a note to the customer's profile that indicated whether they were subject to sales tax or not. Up until a recent PP update, that note used to appear in their info field as I was entering the invoice. Of course I still had to change it for every item. Unfortunately that note does not appear during the invoice entry any longer. I need to click on Edit Customer, then scroll to Additional Notes, then click on Additional Notes, the click to exit this screen. That's 4 extra steps to find out if the customer has to get taxed. It seems like a very laborious system. Am I missing something that would eliminate these steps?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.