on link from store, not all cards shown

markeh1
Contributor
Contributor

When a store sends me to Paypal to finalize a transaction, Paypal only lists part of the credit cards registered.
Even if I add an additional card (which was already registered on Paypal) it doesn't show, and I can't use it.
I eventually give up on Paypal and directly use the particular credit card with the store.
Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

markeh1
Contributor
Contributor

I think I figured out the problem.

Paypal had my home address listed twice. To my human eye, they were exactly the same, but apparently Paypal saw them as different. I don't now how they both got entered.

Some credit cards were attached to one, some to the other. I changed the cards so they all were connected to a single address. Eventually I deleted the second address.

Now all credit cards show up when transferred from a store/seller.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Iris

Hello @markeh1,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize that there may be issues checking out with the preferred funding source you'd like. I know this can be frustrating. Generally, if a card is not reflecting as a funding source during checkout, it could be that the card is not fully authorized by the PayPal system. If you wish to set up a different funding source as your preferred funding method, please visit:

What is my preferred payment method and how can I change it?

I hope this helps clarify things! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

markeh1
Contributor
Contributor

Well, not really. Some stores the cards show, some not. An answer from Paypal support was they have "very sophisticated" internal security systems that decides this, and he couldn't explain why or how which cards are available was selected. I have made one purchase in the last few days where one of the cards in question was visible, and I made the purchase via Paypal. Another where it wasn't, so I used the card directly with the merchant. Which worked fine, because the card was fine.

I've had my PP account open since 2000, and cards rarely change. Why one shows and one doesn't seems to be a mystery, which I think is one description of a bug.

I use Paypal mostly because it's more convenient (I don't need to remember/look up any card information) and maybe more secure.

With more hassle, less Paypal use.

Thanks anyway for your response.

MH

Login to Me Too
Solved

markeh1
Contributor
Contributor

I think I figured out the problem.

Paypal had my home address listed twice. To my human eye, they were exactly the same, but apparently Paypal saw them as different. I don't now how they both got entered.

Some credit cards were attached to one, some to the other. I changed the cards so they all were connected to a single address. Eventually I deleted the second address.

Now all credit cards show up when transferred from a store/seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.