eBay will not allow me to pay with PayPal. "Sorry, this payment option isn't available."

faboo
New Community Member

Hi all.  hopefully someone can help me with this ongoing issue.  I have been dealing with it for many months now without resolution.  

On the "Checkout" page on eBay, whenever I try to log into PayPal, I get the following error:

Sorry, this payment option isn’t available. Here are your options:

• Select a different payment option.
  • Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue.

Because it does not let me log into PayPal, I cannot use any promotional codes, nor can I use any of the eBay gift cards already tied to this account.  I have spoken to eBay already and they have not been able to figure out what is going on with my account. 

I have been using eBay and PayPal for many years now and had never had any issues until this issue popped up a few months ago.

eBay has confirmed that my eBay account is in good standing without any issues that should hinder my use.  PayPal has also confirmed that my account is also in good standing.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mike

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Try unlinking and relinking the PayPal account to eBay, in your eBay settings.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lylesh
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that like a million times 😕 anyone have a solution to this annoying problem? only happens for certain items. I called eba yand they said aboslutely nothing and no block on my account or anything. It's probably paypal having a hiccup or something.I heard it's because of this "managed payments" stuff.

Login to Me Too

mudashab
Contributor
Contributor

i have received that same message 3 times now and each time it happens, i check my account balance, the money is deducted and it doesn't show any history of transaction in my account.

Login to Me Too

filtek
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, i tried 6 times, same error every time, then i saw this post, checked my bank account and sure enough, the money was deducted 6 times!!! yet still not showing on paypal, not even once.

Mudashab, did you get your 3 payments back ? did you have to do it through paypal or your bank?

Cheers

@mudashab wrote:

i have received that same message 3 times now and each time it happens, i check my account balance, the money is deducted and it doesn't show any history of transaction in my account.

Login to Me Too

mudashab
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to get the money back throught the back but not immediately. the bank holds the money and after a certain period of time, wen it fails to go, then gets back into your account. 

Login to Me Too

liakosg
Contributor
Contributor

That appears to be a serious problem for a couple a years now. Neither ebay nor Paypal have provided any answer to any of the users facing that problem. I wonder whether there is anybody running those sites, or their are just running on their own...! Obviously it's time to look up for another more trustworthy site.

Login to Me Too

Brain3x
New Community Member

I had the same problem. you Can solve it just by trying some other browser or clear your current browser cache and history. good Luck

Login to Me Too

VinRhodes85
New Community Member
Nop it did not work, already tried different browsers, clearing cache, even different computers and different accounts, nothing works. Thanks anyway for the sugestion
Login to Me Too

alfredoperozo75
Contributor
Contributor

how do you solved??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.