Wonder if it is real or a scam.

newfie1030
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.flamenx.com/

Just wondering about ordering from this website but first check it out.

It says PayPal excepted there. Just want to be safe. Already got scammed from another site.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dwae01
New Community Member
I had exactly the same experience. Do not buy from this company.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newfie1030

You need to read up on Paypals buyer protection and then you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Instech
Contributor
Contributor

Googling this website's name reveals it to be another "bait & switch" seller (without doubt, based in China, the poor English in their communications is a dead giveaway!). The domain has only been in existence for 17 days & what'll happen to anybody who has the misfortune to order a product from them, is that they will receive a cheap & nasty piece of rubbish, valued at only $5 according to the Customs declaration. When you submit a PayPal dispute, the seller will reply & say that, in order to claim a refund, you'll have to ship the item back to China at a cost of crica $65, so they bank on people not bothering & writing the money off (if caught out in this way, ring P.P. customer service & complain accordingly). There's no such thing as a 'free lunch', $400-$500 drones at 80% off should get everyone's alarm bells ringing & many other scam sites are advertising exactly the same offer, using genuine product videos cloned from bona fide retailers. Do not be tempted into making impulsive purchases, especially with regard to these "one day flash sales", without researching the true price of the product first, far better to buy it through Amazon, ebay & other trusted retailers, you will pay more, but receive what you are expecting, rather than a useless piece of junk.

Login to Me Too

Jake73
New Community Member

Facebook.com let's this fraudulous company advertise on their social media platform!
Due to an offer on Facebook I bought a drone that resembles the DJI Mavic Pro for a temporary time offer. Okay, I am not stupid an know it will never be a DJI. But the DJI clone which is the Eachine E58 is of the same price I paid to FlamenX. Also in their advertisement the show the Eachine. Therefore it was likely they would send me that one. 
When in contact with their service desk a Line Jane or Linda responds. They even send pictures of the order content showing a DJI drone.
Today I received the package and got a 6 cm small drone-like thing and a radiotransmitter that fits in one small childs hand. The drone and radio control do not what the advertisement says.
I feel fncked, I paid for it, but did not get the satisfaction! I would like to render that service back to Line Jane and Linda. Can anybody send me their addresses?!?

Ah, and now FlamenX page on Facebook, blocked me for posting real content and reviews to their posts, disabling me to warn other potential victims to not order from them!

Robert

Login to Me Too
Solved

Dwae01
New Community Member
I had exactly the same experience. Do not buy from this company.
Login to Me Too

mad_sh33p
Contributor
Contributor
But how Paypal can help us to refund? For those who got scammed.
Login to Me Too

wsuo
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolutely a scammer. Thankfully, paypal solved my problem.  The seller has taken down the website, but I am pretty sure they will use another name. 

These guys should be punished!

Login to Me Too

tomekch
Contributor
Contributor

HI how i can get my money back any idea? i opened a case as "item not received"  because i did know the toy  delivered was my order. I was pretty sure there was my daughter order for her little brother.  Whats more was not  signature required and anyway paypal closed case due to item  delivery  was confirmed .
Dear paypal if anyone from cutomer service reed this, please do something to keep your service trustworthy and refund all cheated customer 
scammer name: Dovanis
Seller's email: dovanisjewelry at gmail dot com
fraud website www. flamex.com
 transaction ID: 4KP01194GY808494E

Login to Me Too

The_Flash
Contributor
Contributor
Company is a Shopify merchant and they use a Canada Shopify address as their primary address. Number listed on site is a non working number. Call Shopify an inform them of your issues.
Login to Me Too

mad_sh33p
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just got scamed by buying the same DJI drone from flamenx.com. Second day after buy I asked for refund before shipping, without any result. Also opened an dispute in PayPal. So I think that the best way is to not sign for the parcel and let it return to sender. Because if you sign for it and you will see that you just received some junk plastic toy, according to return policy you have to return it with tracking no. back to China, or this will cost more than the initial payment. So the best way is to not sign for the parcel, open an dispute as you didn`t receive the item and maybe you will be luck to be refunded. I will keep you updated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.