Getting buyers to use Goods and Services

cjteters01
Contributor
Contributor

I am cleaning out closets and selling on a facebook group.  I don't want to upgrade to a business account.  I need to be able to get the buyers shipping address and even when I request that Goods and Services be used when making their payment some still use Friends and Family.  Then I have to try and get back in touch to get the shipping address, I have to stand in line to pay postage at the post office and I pay a higher postage rate.  I thought I saw a heading of Premier accounts but can't find it again.  Is there a way to not even offer Friends and Family or turn it on and off? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjteters01

You shouldn't accept friends / family as you would have no seller protection and risk an account limitation but not sure how you can stop a buyer voluntarily paying you that way UNLESS you make it clear on the item that you are selling?

Premier accounts no longer exist and won't stop buyers using the f/f option anyway unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjteters01

You shouldn't accept friends / family as you would have no seller protection and risk an account limitation but not sure how you can stop a buyer voluntarily paying you that way UNLESS you make it clear on the item that you are selling?

Premier accounts no longer exist and won't stop buyers using the f/f option anyway unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.