Why can't I pay with my debit card?

Kelpie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new user who's only recently joined paypal. My bank account is verified and my debit card is set up on the site and was working fine until just today. When making a purchase on a website today, the only payment options were e-cheque or instant bank transfer. My debit card was working fine yesterday and always turned up as the first payment option, but now it is no longer available as a payment option for some reason?. Why can't I pay using my debit card? It worked for my first five purchases with the site (two last night and three this morning), but on my sixth purchase it stopped showing my debit card as a payment option for some reason, even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday and this morning.

Is there any way to fix this problem so I can use my debit card as my payment option? I really don't want to have to pay by e-cheque if at all possible since it takes so long. the only reason I signed up my bank account was so I could use my card, since it's so easy to pay using it.

Thankyou in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
129 REPLIES 129

sheba
Contributor
Contributor

@Kelpie wrote:

I agree. After reading some of the board topics, other people seem to be having the same problem with their credit/debit cards too, but each topic i've read has turned up no help and everyone seems to be in the same situation of not knowing what's wrong, or what to do to fix it.  I don't understand why paypal would restrict users payment methods  since some use cards and find them more convenient than bank transfers. Surely, not being able to use them would deter customers from using paypal if they are that restrictive about  payment methods?

My card has the correct funds and the information on my account is correct, so I just don't understand why my card is unusable after only a few transactions.

Help us out mods, we're really stuck here!

Login to Me Too

pearly700
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal did not reject my Debit Card  .matter of facts ,I discover that a lot of Companys preffered  the  Credit Card  users,,

therefore I shop around and find  where I dot have to spend other people money , PayPal is now paying  my invoice

by DEBIT CARD..

Login to Me Too

curvypoll

hi i had my card cloned  a few weeks ,ago . so had to wait for a new one to arrive , did what paypal advised me to do , added my new debit card , thought great can send payments agian straight away  , behold me its saying echeque which takes 5 to 7 days to clear, im well annoyed , its very frustraing , to wait , and having sellers , why do i have to wait , , paypal tell my why this has happened to me please . its well annoying x

@BaronVonLector wrote:

It is strange, this just started happening to me as well.  I'm always sending my daughter money and it charges my debit card.  Now, the only option I'm given is to wait 3-5 days for an e-check to clear.  Very annoying and inconvenient.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221201ac
New Community Member

This is what I am experiencing and its so annoying and also risks getting negative feedback for not paying quick. I wondered if connected  to me changing my ebay user name.

Login to Me Too

bakewell1again
New Community Member

I need to update my debit card information but don't know how

Login to Me Too

debbie13
New Community Member

hello there is money in my account to so i do not know why you will not let me pay can you help

Login to Me Too

reltubaa123
Contributor
Contributor

I have paid for one item today and cannot pay for another item I have purchased 

Login to Me Too

Reginald3333
New Community Member

@Kelpie wrote:

Any help would be appreciated, please. I really need advice on this since I have no idea what to do...

I wish to change payment from my master card to direct debt

Login to Me Too

pearly700
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Member as a retired person I dont have a Credit Card,,  I tried to use my Debit card with certain company Through PayPal,, the system keep telling me to use a valid card number, I never have any problem with my debit card  before

everything is up to date as I use my card. very often  .I think there must be some reason why Crdit. is more accepted than debit

I need help to to sort this problem once and for all.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.