Why can't I pay with my debit card?

Kelpie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new user who's only recently joined paypal. My bank account is verified and my debit card is set up on the site and was working fine until just today. When making a purchase on a website today, the only payment options were e-cheque or instant bank transfer. My debit card was working fine yesterday and always turned up as the first payment option, but now it is no longer available as a payment option for some reason?. Why can't I pay using my debit card? It worked for my first five purchases with the site (two last night and three this morning), but on my sixth purchase it stopped showing my debit card as a payment option for some reason, even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday and this morning.

Is there any way to fix this problem so I can use my debit card as my payment option? I really don't want to have to pay by e-cheque if at all possible since it takes so long. the only reason I signed up my bank account was so I could use my card, since it's so easy to pay using it.

Thankyou in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
129 REPLIES 129

kareng69
New Community Member

i use this card online all the time but paypal wont accept it why i have to pay something now

Login to Me Too

phol8433
New Community Member

I'm having problems with my card too, I've used it for a long time its not out of date. why is there a limit on what i can purchase  if the money is in my account.

Login to Me Too

Agamboa

Hello, I made a paid with my debit card but I haven´t recieved the confirmation for paypal that show me that the paid is had done, for that reason I cancelled the payment and I called the company and they told that they haven´t recieved the money so I paid again with the debit card but they told my that this transaction is no avaliable with debit card, only with credit card, thus i don´t know what I have to do.

Please help me with this problem

Login to Me Too

imtiazmansur
New Community Member

i am trying to use my card to make a payment of 3.99 card number ending 3524...could you please help me out

Login to Me Too

merzjoel_123
New Community Member

whyi can"t i pay with my debit card

Login to Me Too

redstar666
New Community Member

i onlyhave apag as yougomastercard and dont have a bankaccount paypal keeps refusing pay ments for goods on e bay its causing me problems on e bay

Login to Me Too

lynnmc10
Contributor
Contributor

av had this problem befor every time u came to the confirmation button.It would say unsucsefil try later.i  spent a lot of monye beause it was taking every time i tryed to pay it was taking the money for 4n5 times so be very wairy.and the same thing is starting again

Login to Me Too

Exnursepeter
Contributor
Contributor
I am getting very frustrated with this
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Exnursepeter,

What error message are you receiving?

Make sure your card details are up to date.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

JO_
Contributor
Contributor

Once i try to add the payment to my "Freelancer.com" with my ATM / VISA DEBIT Card, Paypal rejected my request by saying:

"We were unable to verify this card. Please review and make sure that the information you entered is correct. Your card billing address needs to match your PayPal postal address."

What actually I need to DO? Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.