Unauthorised Payments and refund

LiveInFreestyle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello friends. I would be realy thankful if someone could help me while I am waiting paypal to answer my mail. I have beed hacked, and someone made payments from my paypal account using my credit card and ofcourse I reported it and paypal refunded. Now, the problem is that I see money refunded (+xxx money added) on list of activities, but both my paypal balance and my credit card sitts at 0$.... do I need to wait? does it take some time for refunds to finish? or something is wrong?? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiveInFreestyle

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.
Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LiveInFreestyle
Contributor
Contributor

I am confused here....  may you please clarify what you said? so someone hacked into my account and made payments... and paypal said that they will refund full amount, and on list of activities on paypal there is +xxx added money and they said in mail ''We've determined the payment(s) in question were unauthorized and have refunded the full amount.''... so you want to say that this money wont be refunded to my paypal, but to credit card, and that I need to wait up to 30 days for it to be completed?

Login to Me Too

LiveInFreestyle
Contributor
Contributor

also on the bottom of message paypal said ''The money will be returned to your PayPal balance.''

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.