Singapore Airline has refunded our money a month ago but Paypal has not refunded to us

PeterParkerLovr
Contributor
Contributor

in August 2019, our family purchased Singapore Airlines tickets using our credit card that linked to our paypal account. Due to all flights beings cancelled and government places restrictions to International travel, on May 27, 2020 Singapore Airlines refunded our money ($3364.65) back into our paypal account. It has been a month, but we have not seen our money in our Paypal account and we still unable to see the status? We contacted Singapore Airlines, and they said the money is with Paypal and we need to contact Paypal. We tried to message Paypal with no avail. no email address, nothing. How long will Paypal normally refund you your money? Thank you

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

jess0111
New Community Member

I was in the same situation as you guys,

Singapore Airlines said they processed my refund on Aug 17th, I never got any notification of it I rang and asked them about it. But I finally got my money back today. 
I think there is some kind of backlog on Singapore airlines end where they process the refunds but they get put in a queue and money isn't sent to paypal immediately. 
Came to this conclusion as I had other smaller companies send me refunds through paypal over the last few months and got the money within 3 days both times. 
Hope everyone else in this situation gets their refund soon.

Login to Me Too

Dipic
Contributor
Contributor

Just adding my voice here. Bought tickets August 2019. Asked for the refund after COVID cancellation. No response for a while. Back-and-forth emailing with SA. Finally received an email November 18 saying refund had been processed 20 August 2020 ("Please allow 4 to 6 weeks"), which is now 13 weeks ago. Contacted SA, they just say "Yeah it can take a while with Paypal. Maybe check with them"

Trying to lodge some sort of case with Paypal now.

Login to Me Too

Dipic
Contributor
Contributor

After a web chat a few days ago with SA who said "check with Paypal" and a web chat with Paypal who said "check with SA", I see the refund has finally shown up on my Paypal account, 14 weeks after the "process" date.

Not sure if it's related to me bothering them or just coincidence.

Login to Me Too

MsMarie1
Do you have this number?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.