Singapore Airline has refunded our money a month ago but Paypal has not refunded to us

PeterParkerLovr
Contributor
Contributor

in August 2019, our family purchased Singapore Airlines tickets using our credit card that linked to our paypal account. Due to all flights beings cancelled and government places restrictions to International travel, on May 27, 2020 Singapore Airlines refunded our money ($3364.65) back into our paypal account. It has been a month, but we have not seen our money in our Paypal account and we still unable to see the status? We contacted Singapore Airlines, and they said the money is with Paypal and we need to contact Paypal. We tried to message Paypal with no avail. no email address, nothing. How long will Paypal normally refund you your money? Thank you

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

gandalfthewhite
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly my thought

Well at least its a relief to know that there are people in the same boat with me who also have $0 in their pdf

Login to Me Too

MelindaK1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone got their money back through PayPal yet? 

I was refunded on the 23 June apparently, and after some back and forward a different Singapore Airlines agent said it would take 2-3 months. It sounded like he was saying even though the refund has been processed (I got that same email saying $0.00 when I asked on my initial contact), it was still technically in some backlog and hadn't reached PayPal yet. And PayPal are saying they have no record of the refund. 

I hope this is correct as I don't want to keep waiting for nothing.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

gandalfthewhite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

How did you contact PayPal? Did you speak to Customer Service Rep? if Yes how?

I have not received a refund yet but I have an open case disputing my Singapore air transaction, waiting for PayPal to reply back

Login to Me Too

Ptan7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Still haven't got my money since processes by SIA 10th of june. If you can share how you managed to contact paypal that would be great as they did not respond to my email or phone. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

gandalfthewhite
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to inform you that I got my refund today

Like I have mentioned in the previous posts I raised a dispute case with Paypal on the original charge and submitted service not delivered request and explained my case and the processes done by Singapore Air. After 10 days on the case, Paypal refunded me the money from Singapore Air

Now, I don't think this refund was from Singapore Air, this refund was from PayPal due to their policy of favoring the customer if a service is not delivered or goods are damaged. The reason I use PayPal a lot is due to this policy wherein if you send enough proof that you did not get the service they refund you and chargeback the other party. 
I advise the existing people on this thread and even the new readers, dispute the original charge and send them your story

Regards

Login to Me Too

Ptan7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Thanks so much for letting us know how you got your refund. Unfortunately I can't open a dispute since I bought the ticket over a year ago, paypal did not let user open a dispute if the transaction is done more than 180 days ago. For anyone else who has any updates please keep communicating thank you.
Login to Me Too

MelindaK1
Contributor
Contributor
I also cannot dispute the transaction. I tried and it was instantly rejected and ruled in favour of Singapore Airlines as it has been more than 180 days. For those asking, I got in touch using the message feature at the bottom of the page. I went through all the automatic options till it allowed me to message a person.
Login to Me Too

AusFrankston
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem as posted. What I did was I rang local(Australia) Singapore and they said the refund was processed on end of July. I didn't receive any email notification from SA about the refund had been proceed.

I messaged PayPal but PayPal replied back no refund from Singapore Airlines. Then, after a couple of days, I rang SA's customer contact of Singapore numbers and they said they would look it up and the lady asked me detail of PayPal account. She asked me to wait for a few more weeks and if no refund rang back.

Then, a few days after the conversation with them, I received my refund notification from PayPal. 

So, I think it would worth giving it a go to ring SA's Singapore office.

I wish for the best for the people who are waiting for their refund.

Login to Me Too

LJ30
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still waiting for PayPal to give me the money back. Singapore Airlines said they refunded it, which I do believe as my son bought flights at same time but not through PayPal, instead direct through credit card. And he received a refund within one week. I’ve been waiting 7 weeks and nothing. What can I do?
Login to Me Too

BecWild

Our refund request was acknowledge by SA on 18th May.  They said to allow up to 16 weeks. For the last 6 weeks since then we have tried following up through the Customer relations centre weekly, and they keep advising our money is with paypal.  We also tried a couple of different feedback areas on the airlines website.  It is longer than 180 days so paypal closed the case.  I sent a 'request' for the funds today through paypal to SA, with all our booking details.  I'm hoping this might work.  The email address was one that came up in the dispute resolution option  <removed>

We are in Australia, so try your country code.  We booked with paypal thinking this would be better and safer, but this is not the case. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.