Seller doesn’t have PayPal , need payment cancelled

Mellllandblue18
New Community Member
Hi, the seller contacted me via Facebook messenger saying she doesn’t have PayPal and asked me to cancel the PayPal payment so she can charge me through square. PayPal will not let me cancel my pending payment. It was already taken out of my bank account and I can’t wait 30 days for the payment to continue to show pending. I tried calling PayPal and messaging PayPal and have received no response. This is extremely bad customer service. I need help and don’t plan to use PayPal again if I receive no help after searching for help for the past hour.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mellllandblue18 

1. You can only cancel a pending payment if its gone to a non existent email address and has a cancel option as the payment can't ever complete.

2. If its gone to an email address that does exist but not yet linked to a paypal account then as long as its not claimed by that email address (by them setting up a paypal account) then it will be time out 30 days post payment.

3. If its pending awaiting authorisation to a company then you ask the company to cancel your order and not to capture the pending payment...then again it will time out 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.