Refunds

Temp20210726e
Contributor
Contributor

It is most irritating to see refunds that are slightly less than the amount originally paid. Invariably this happens when change of currency occurs. Is it possible that the rates of exchange always goes against the customer?

I expect that a full refund is issued as the exact amount paid in that currency.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210726e 

If the original payment you sent involved a currency conversion we will convert the returned amount from the currency received by the recipient as follows:

• If the amount is returned within one day of the date of the original payment we will use our transaction exchange rate applicable on the date of the original payment, so that you receive the original amount in the original currency you converted for the original payment.
  • If the amount is returned after one day of the date of the original payment we will use and you agree to accept our transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of the conversion of the returned amount.

The transaction exchange rate may be applied immediately and without notice to you.”

https://www.paypal.com/mt/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_MT#refunds

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210726e 

If the original payment you sent involved a currency conversion we will convert the returned amount from the currency received by the recipient as follows:

• If the amount is returned within one day of the date of the original payment we will use our transaction exchange rate applicable on the date of the original payment, so that you receive the original amount in the original currency you converted for the original payment.
  • If the amount is returned after one day of the date of the original payment we will use and you agree to accept our transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of the conversion of the returned amount.

The transaction exchange rate may be applied immediately and without notice to you.”

https://www.paypal.com/mt/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_MT#refunds

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20210726e
Contributor
Contributor

"If the amount is returned after one day of the date of the original payment we will use and you agree to accept our transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of the conversion of the returned amount."

I don't know where I could have accepted that. The last 2 cases were for items that were declared as shipped yet not received approx 2 months later. Now in case I receive the item, I have agreed with seller that I will re-send the payment in which case I will be subject to another exchange rate rendering the item that bit more expensive and through no fault of mine! Thankfully these items were inexpensive so we're talking about petty amounts. The argument is in principle which becomes all the more significant in case of more expensive items.

Money back guaranteed should be as implied, in full.

Regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210726e 

Well tell that to Paypal and maybe thank or leave kudos to the person that gave up their time to help you.

Regards. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.