Refund glitched

ramseya
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase that got cancelled and refunded but I ended up losing the money and never receiving my payment back. The money left my bank account, went to the seller, and I can now see that they refunded me. It shows that I got the money back but there is nothing for me to put back in my bank account and nothing is sitting unclaimed?? Basically it says I got refunded but theres no money that went to me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ramseya 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

StainedGlass
Contributor
Contributor

I think if the money came from your bank account (rather than your PayPal balance) then it gets refunded back to your bank.  It may be that it takes a couple of days to show up.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ramseya 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.