Refund email is gone

jayced
Contributor
Contributor

Made a transaction via guest checkout Paypal from a debit card. Seller issued me a refund and got an email confirmation receipt from Paypal. Now the refund email just disappeared and I couldn't find it anywhere in my mailbox. Does that mean the seller has pulled the refund? or did the transaction go through?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayced 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayced 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jayced
Contributor
Contributor
Yes that was what I thought, and also what was said in the email that the refund was expected to go back to my card by some time next week Its just strange that the refund email that confirmed this is gone
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.