Refund denied

Marnie10
Contributor
Contributor
In December ‘19 I ordered and paid for an item which I didn’t receive. I received a small package of an item I didn’t want or need and so got on to PayPal for a refund. I was instructed to post back the item by PayPal but when I went to my local post office I was informed that due to the Coronavirus postage to China has been suspended by my country’s Postal Authorities for the present so when I contacted PayPal to advise them of this they declined my request for payment as I hadn’t provided proof of postage. Their response seemed ridiculous as it wasn’t that I wouldn’t post back the item, I couldn’t due to a decision taken by my country’s postal authority. I subsequently provided PayPal with a copy of an email from the seller wherein he confirmed that he had not posted me my item and would not be posting it as he couldn’t provide it at the price he had originally quoted me. Since then He offered me a refund if 10/20/30% (over 3 emails) and basically said that if I post back the item I received (I have to cover the postal charge even though he deliberately posted me a different unwanted item) it will cost me more than the cost of the original price of my good. In hindsight, This was a fraud from the start. I am prepared to cover the cost and have tried to do so. When I set up my PayPal account I thought that I had some form of security in making payments but I now realise that this is not the case. I have shown my willingness to return an item at my own expense (not my fault that the country I live in has suspended post to China) I have provided evidence from the seller that he did not post me the item I paid for and yet PayPal have rejected my claim for a refund as I did not post the unwanted useless item back to the seller. I am extremely disappointed with the attitude I have received from PayPal and feel that I have not been properly listened to nor have I been provided with a satisfactory reason as to why my claim has been rejected. I am slower to use PayPal now as the security I had felt using it before is now gone.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marnie10 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Marnie10
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help. I Went back to PayPal as their reason for denying my claim was you haven’t provided tracking evidence to show that you have returned the item to China.’ I have explained to PayPal on numerous occasions that as with several other countries ‘there is a ban on all postage to China from the republic of Ireland’ so I cannot return the item even though I want to (I have no requirement for a rubber ball). The response I get from PayPal each time is the same ‘you haven’t provided tracking information ....’ It’s obvious PayPal only use preformatted responses and don’t read anything you send them. It’s very frustrating
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marnie10 

You need to call them and be persistent.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.