Refund Pending

tizercat
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item on ebay back in mid October that never arrived. On the 4th November, the seller refunded me. However, it's still sitting as pending in my PayPal account. When will the money actually go back into my bank account and why is it taking so long?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tizercat 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tizercat
Contributor
Contributor
But why is this process taking so long? We are now on 4th December and it's still saying "pending" - the refund was issued on the 4th November. This is beyond the wait time I have seen it can take (up to 10 business days). I have another refund that is also pending, but this one was only issued a week ago. However I am worried the same will happen to this one. I just want to know who has my money. I don't have it and the people who have refunded me have shown me screenhots of it clearing on their end.
Login to Me Too

tizercat
Contributor
Contributor
The link you attached doesn't work for me. It re-directs to the main help page. I'm in the UK so this is perhaps why as I see "US" in the link.
Login to Me Too

tizercat
Contributor
Contributor
It's now the 11th December and this refund is still pending. This is now 30+ days since it was issued (4th November). I've had other refunds issued after this date and they have now cleared, so why is this one still pending? I paid using my bank account, the same as the other refunds that have cleared, so if this was an issue with my bank, why is it only affecting this refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.