Paypal took my money?

meownte
New Community Member

A commissioner sent me $27 as a payment that would be converted to roughly £20.

I think something happened during the conversion because it first successfully turned the USD into GBP (which was titled next to credit) but then on a second form thing said conversion (Debit) and removed $27?

So I am, very confused because the payment went through, and I received the email confirming the payment but it is just not in my balance and not anywhere? The buyer did not refund because the -$27 came under currency conversion instead of refund.

Any ideas on how I can solve this or what happened?

I was thinking of refunding the commissioner but I am worried I'll end up losing more money as I have £0 in my Paypal, I am not sure if maybe something happened on the other side like a card decline? and it is nothing to do with conversion from USD to GBP because I received another commission that was $65 afterwards with no issue / there is also nothing in holding or pending- everything was confirmed straight away, I just never received the money in my BALANCE. (registered in 'money in' but was never in my balance).

I used a PayPal.me link and the commissioner sent as family/friends- if any of that is relevant/important.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.