Paypal refund under review from yatra.com in case of flight cancellation by airlines

mohit89
Contributor
Contributor

i booked a flight on yatra.com and paid through paypal (a mistake that i am regretting ever since) using my credit card , i got the flight cancelled directly through the airlines , yatra.com confirmed that the flight cancellation has been done and they processed the refund for the flight on 21st june and according the them the amount got credited to paypal on the same day itself , as a proof of credit they provided a transaction_id (nothing more) .

I have raised a request for refund on paypal on 21 june , after 10 working days of it remaining in "under review" , paypal states that they have no proof it the refund ever getting credited and asks me for a proof of refund , as a response  give them the email from yatra.com (stating the amount and transaction_id) which i already provided them when i initially raised the refund request . Since my response the status is still "under review" , before i permanently unsubscribe from paypal's pathetic and unreliable services forever i just want to get my money back without fighting long and expensive legal battles in consumer courts ,please help me .

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mohit89 

Is there a separate transaction for the issued refund in your PayPal account activity? There should also be a note in the original payment transaction referencing this refund.

And you raised a complaint about the refund the same day the refund was issued by Yatra so that may have tied things up. Refunds are processed fairly instantly by the merchant but the actual refunds themselves are almost never instant, going back to your funding source, except for maybe the PayPal balance. Refunds to credit cards take a week, up to 30 days depending on your card issuer. Bank payments take several days.

If the refund is still under review, have to call PayPal again to follow up until it is marked complete and then wait a week, up to 30 days for your card to post the refund to your card account.

Please contact customer service for further assistance:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.