Payment method

FlutistAnt
Contributor
Contributor

This is my first time using PayPal. I want to buy something. Since I don't have credit card, can I make a payment using my bank account ?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, link a bank account to your PayPal account by clicking Wallet at the top menu. You can also add your bank debit card if your bank account comes with one instead of a credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

FlutistAnt
Contributor
Contributor
I've been linking my bank account (actually debit card) to my PayPal account with "checking" status. Does this mean that I can start shopping using my bank account?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you confirm the bank account with 2 small deposits and enter it in the Wallet? 

Login to Me Too

FlutistAnt
Contributor
Contributor
Sadly not, PayPal can't confirm bank account in Indonesia. So it's on "checking" status.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Does it mean "Checking Account", like check or savings account?

Maybe call PayPal customer service,  no one here has access to your account.

Or see this response in your language may help?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-Products-and-Services/How-to-have-my-Account-Verified-I...

Login to Me Too

FlutistAnt
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it's check account. The problem not solved yet on that thread. I just want to know about checking account in general. Does this mean I can't make a payment if my bank account is check?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FlutistAnt wrote:
Yes it's check account. The problem not solved yet on that thread. I just want to know about checking account in general. Does this mean I can't make a payment if my bank account is check?

I have heard about this problem before but never figured out what "Checking" means. So PayPal did not put 2 small deposits into your bank account then? Hmmm. I am searching the net but nothing to say what the problem is or if the bank account is usable now.

You will need to contact customer service to figure it out. I cannot find any information on why it is happening. No one here has access to your account as we are other PayPal users like you are.

To contact customer service, click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Login to Me Too

FlutistAnt
Contributor
Contributor
Ahh okay. Thanks for the informations
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.