Pay after delivery issues-again!!

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their PAD payment option at the moment? I was finding that certain sites I've always been able to do pay after delivery I now can't but now it will not offer it anywhere, not even eBay and I've never had a problem with eBay! My bank account is linked and confirmed so it's not that so what could it be?!
Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

She87
I got this exact reply from them. It's so annoying
Login to Me Too

DanIWilliams81
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this problem, but recently I've noticed it is only available on very small purchases. If I try to buy anything over £10 the p.a.d is disabled. How is it any different to a larger payment if the sub is still being made?
Surely they're cutting their own throats by limiting these purchases because people are either going to go elsewhere or not buy anything at all. It's not like Paypal are some startup business in a garage and can't afford to sub sellers their payments. They're a multi-multi billion dollar corporation and not every date of payment is the same, so they're always going to have millions worth of payments coming in on a daily basis. It seems to me like an unnecessary knee jerk reaction to coronavirus which in these times people needed to order things from home as nothing was open, so to limit peoples ability to p.a.d in my opinion is a really odd and nonsensical move by Paypal and as a result likely lost millions of regular customers, and of course revenue from seller commissions.

Login to Me Too

wobblah
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having problems with this too lately, on and off. One day it's available as usual, the next day not. Not available for a particular item one day, next day it is. Not available for items over £10 one day, next day it is.  Even in such uncertain times as these, you'd find this kind of behaviour annoying but understandable if PayPal were a small outfit with cash-flow issues, but as someone has rightly pointed out upthread, PayPal is a huge multinational corporation who ought to be able to cover themselves financially even in this situation.

But that isn't the most annoying thing about all this, the most annoying thing is their consistent denial that there's any withdrawal of this service and things are 'working normally'.  Why can't they just be honest about this and let buyers know that PAD isn't going to be available to them?

Login to Me Too

Antiquitease
Contributor
Contributor

I always do a test run through the payment steps  now before confirming payment to see if PAD is available and I'm having the same issue as you @wobblah with it being available one day and disappearing the next...or next few minutes in my case.  

Just a few days ago, I was purchasing two items from the same seller, went through the stages and PAD was available. I then decided to ask the seller a question about the items, waited for their response, went to purchase and PAD wasn't available. Very odd! This has also happened with other purchases when I've not asked the seller any questions as well. 

I've been using PAD for a few years now, so know when it's available and when it's not. I've never had it disappear within 20 minutes.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Antiquitease 

Got nothing to do with the seller you are buying from, its between you and paypal.

Paypal only has a 'finite' amount of money they can let buyers have a 14 day 'interest free' loan with so sometimes its available and sometimes not, all automated dependent on money availability and cash flow. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Antiquitease
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for your response but I don't think you read my post correctly. I didn't say it was anything to do with the seller. I was giving background information to what I was doing to @wobblah about the same issue happening to me. It has happened to me several other times when I've gone to checkout PAD is available, if I don't go through with the sale straight away, it doesn't offer PAD anymore. That has been happening only this year and never had that issue before. I have been a long term user of PAD, so know how it works. I'd very much doubt PayPal has cashflow problems.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Antiquitease 

Don't think you read my reply either.

I did not say that they had cashflow 'problems' 

They have a finite amount each day to offer with PAD and so limit its use, if you have used it x2 already then that may explain why the 3rd did not go through.

And yes it is dependent on cashflow, I have had that confirmed by paypal re PAD.

Same as banks, they don't have cashflow issues but they have a finite amount they can offer with loans / mortgages etc don't they.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Antiquitease
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

No, I hadn't used PAD 2 times. I did a test run to see if it was there and after asking the seller a question regarding postage, I purchased the items. When I finally purchased it, PAD wasn't available. Never had that issue before ever that's all I'm saying.

Login to Me Too

AndyLu
Contributor
Contributor

so after it not showing on ebay for ?????? (gave up in April really)

i was happily buying a jacket and i went to checkout, good job i was sitting down!

after paying - i realized it had said payment was scheduled for 19th (today being the 5th)

i checked my emails and yes pay after delivery was there and worked!!

i dont have anything else to buy today so i have no idea if it will appear again, maybe it justs pops up to tease every now and again.

ironically i did fill in an ebay survey twice this week and in both i politely told them to "sort their **bleep** out with paypal" 

obviously i do not think this made any difference or anyone ever actually reads those surveys but ......... it now works! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Antiquitease
Contributor
Contributor

@AndyLu 

Glad it worked for you and I agree it's been on and off since April. After I posted about PAD issues, I went to purchase something next day and PAD worked. 👍 I've not made any since then but will see what happens next time I do. It's definitely a game of hide and seek PayPal are playing. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.