Pay after delivery issues-again!!

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their PAD payment option at the moment? I was finding that certain sites I've always been able to do pay after delivery I now can't but now it will not offer it anywhere, not even eBay and I've never had a problem with eBay! My bank account is linked and confirmed so it's not that so what could it be?!
Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
I wonder why! Hope it's working again soon
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201219g 

@jaaacs 

@sharonmb7 

@joseph1659 

@Kaikaitc 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction and its temporarily been stopped at the moment due to covid and the extra time it takes to process those types of payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kaikaitc
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. Obviously this was first reported at the early stages of the current lockdown when confusion and no real understanding was apparent. Would of been nice to be notified but at the end of the day, more important issues ahead for everyone. The funding does make sense, as they'd be protecting the finances as best as they can. They can't loan what they don't have.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
Yes very true, but I've seen nothing to say that they have disabled it have you? Would've been nice to be told really wouldn't it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201219g 

Its been confirmed by customer services that it is disabled.

And as its never a 'sure thing' and you can only use it when its offered then you know it won't always be available so no point in their announcing it really.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I wasn't aware customer services had confirmed this.
Login to Me Too

jaaacs
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had this message from them so it hasn't been confirmed that they've stopped it they're saying its the merchant

Chiranjivi

4:52 PM

Welcome to PayPal Messaging, Jackson! My name is Chiranjivi. I will be glad to assist you. Due to protective measures against coronavirus (COVID-19), we currently have limited Customer Service staffing, so waiting times was quite longer, we apologize for the delay. I understand your concern regarding the Pay After Delivery(PAD) payment option, . PAD payment option is applicable only for certain purchases. Due to covid19, delivery time and shipping timeframes are affected, merchants will have an option to provide or remove PAD payment option based on their business requirement. PAD payment option might be temporarily unavailable, I request you to make transactions using any other payment option.

I'll be more than happy to help you in case of any further queries?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jaaacs 

He's wrong, i have lost count of the times so called customer service agents give wrong info, it is NOT offered by the seller, that is paypal CREDIT that is offered by the seller and NOT pay after delivery.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/pad-tnc

Where You and the item purchased are eligible for PAD, which shall be determined at PayPal's sole discretion, you may choose the PAD payment option at the time of purchase.

1. PayPal has the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the PAD payment option, qualifications or eligibility for PAD, or your ability to use PAD.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jaaacs
Contributor
Contributor

I've started to be able to use it on Ebay recently, I've not tried anywhere else yet

Login to Me Too

Barry8247
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal tell me that PAD has been withdrawn in favour of PayPal credit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.