Pay After Delivery not working?

Tai101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am wondering is anyone else getting problems with Pay After Delivery? I have tried to use it the other day but it is no longer appearing up not even on eBay. It was working for me the other week without any problems but when I tried to buy something recently I am not getting that option anymore. I have checked my account and it is still active but all the sites I use no longer has it as an option so I am wondering has anyone else has this problem?

Thanks in advice.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
And now my own update - SOMEBODY is listening at Paypal, and heard my/our plea. My PAD is now working, I just went to buy something for my dog on ebay and it is again an option WELL JOLLY GOOD. Perhaps it is coming back for others soon I hope! So with Covid still running strong and loads still out of work, I am back to my original understanding, that it is a setting in Paypal's accounting back end that must be renewed periodically, and done manually.
Login to Me Too

Cliff257
Contributor
Contributor

PAD, still not working for me. I have my bank account set as preferred payment option and PAD set as active on that account. However, no matter what merchant I use or item I attempt to buy, the only payment option I'm given is 'Paypal Credit' .

Tried messaging paypal several times and am given the answers ranging from sellers dont have to accept certain payment methods, to being told that they have sorted the issue and everything should be back to normal in a few hours (it never was). Truth be told, I dont think anyone at Paypal knows whats going on.

Login to Me Too

Cliff257
Contributor
Contributor

Well Paypals excuse of it being down to the Merchant if PAD is accepted is an odd one. My Daughters account works just fine, using PAD, for the same ebay seller that I myself was trying to purchase from.

Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah that excuse is tired and wrong. Merchants do not SEE who is paying them - if they accept paypal they accept paypal, and have no way to know if my funding source is amex, visa, mastercard, or bank account, just that paypal is putting money in their account. The only alt would bean echeck, snd they only know that they must wait till paypal clears the funds. I think I got helped only because I repeatedly commented on other peoples' posts on this issue on paypal's facebook page, and wrote myself. Finally someone contacted me through FB messenger, and chatted with me. I was pretty fierce on there too when I kept receiving bot replies the instant I hit send on the chat - I asked them why they bothered to initiate a chat if it was going to be a bot answer. Eventually a live person started responding but even then fed me the bs that it was security and wait 48 hou4s. I will not repeat again what I wrote back, but basically it was 'keep your inane excuses, I've heard the bs before, anf it's a setting needing an acct spec to go in and fix it', and I quit the chat. A couple days later my PAD was back..... This PAD biz happened to me once before several years ago and was only restored by a person at paypal going into my account.
Login to Me Too

Cliff257
Contributor
Contributor

It's pretty annoying. I use it for legit reason of wanting payment to go out once I know I have received my item, Not like some who almost see it as a short term loan.

My account has always been in good order so see no reason for them to take it off me.

Gonna stick a post on Twitter see if that does anything.

Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
I understand. I live in Canada, and items can take weeks just to get through Customs. I too like to physically see items before I pay for them, but most online buying doesn't allow for that - fortunately Paypal offers PAD, and I really miss it when I don't have it. I think that anyone who uses PAD is using it for a legitimate purpose, so long as the payment funding source is there (either money in the bank account or on their backup cc) because likely Paypal can remove the service from people whose PAD purchases constantly fall back to their backup credit card. ****Also, Paypal encourages PAD to be used as a 'short term loan' of 21 days to Canadians (14 for US at the time it came out) it is in their TERMS OF SERVICE **** -- https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/pppad-tnc . So I would not want to think people are not using it for 'legitimate purposes' when they use it for short-term loan (interest free) - that is the stated purpose, and encourages more spending, more money for Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Rio678
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue, I have spoken to someone in the message centre who wasn’t really listening and kept repeating there is nothing wrong with my account and that maybe the merchant isn’t accepting PAD, which is total rubbish!
Login to Me Too

Tai101
Contributor
Contributor

It still doesn't work for me. I tried to buy a CD as a test from eBay and it still doesn't give me an option to use the Pay After Delivery. I do hate having to use my own bank account as the source because if you do have problems I find refunds are taking so long to clear where I think Pay after Delivery would automatically cancel the transaction without having to take the money out of the account and then to resend it back to you. A refund from last Thursday still hasn't cleared even though PayPal says it is complete. 

I don't even think the people who I contact even know what is going on as they just say the same thing without even looking into the problem. 

Login to Me Too

terrisampson
Contributor
Contributor
Tai101 - are you using a mobile phone or windows computer? I noticed something odd last night - on my phone when checking out on ebay, I noticed I can't choose a method of payment in Paypal, and there's no PAD. But on my desktop computer I got both options duting checkout the other night. Just spitballing...
Login to Me Too

Cliff257
Contributor
Contributor
OK have gone to pay for a bluray on zoom.co.uk this morning and my PAD seems to have returned. Tried it on ebay as well, just to make sure, and it's there as normal. Dont know if it's related but had £20 put in to my PayPal account from the sale of an action figure. Seems odd that now I have money in my PayPal account, PAD has returned.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.