Paid

mrbodie64
New Community Member

Paid vendor but say no money. When I look at transaction is says...UNCLAIMED..where is issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, @mrbodie64,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

If the status of your payment is 'Unclaimed', the recipient has either not accepted or not received this payment.

There are several possible reasons why this payment is 'Unclaimed':

• Recipient has not yet opened a PayPal Account
  • Recipient has not confirmed their email address
  • Recipient has not confirmed their bank account or credit card
  • Recipient has not registered the same email address to their PayPal account that you have sent the payment to
  • The recipient has not chosen to accept or refuse the payment
  • The recipient’s email address was entered incorrectly when payment was sent

We recommend communicating with the other party involved, as this is often the quickest way to resolve this situation.

An ‘Unclaimed’ payment will be automatically returned to you after 30 days, if the recipient does not claim it.

There are some types of unclaimed payments that you can cancel. If your payment is unclaimed because it has been sent to an email address that is not yet registered to a PayPal account, you may be able to cancel it earlier by following the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
  3. Locate the payment you want to cancel. 
  4. Click Cancel in the ‘Order status/Action’ column of the unclaimed transaction.
  5. Click Cancel Payment.

Tip:

You may only cancel an ‘Unclaimed’ payment that has a ‘Cancel’ button in the action column. If there is no cancel button and you can’t arrange a satisfactory outcome with the recipient, you must wait 30 days for the transaction to be cancelled automatically.

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.