Lost refund

JonzKiie
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I am a seller of an in game item. Me and the buyer made a deal on october 11, 2020 then when I received the notification that i've received the payment I already traded the item to the buyer. Then when I opened my paypal app it says there that my money is on hold for 21 days because it is sent through goods and services option. Then I told my buyer that I can't wait that long because I need that money asap for some reason. I told him to make a refund so he can take his money back then resend the money to me in friends and family option. But he told me that he doesnt know how to do a refund. So I insist to make the refund myself as a seller. I issued the refund on october 13, 2020 it tells on my paypal activity that refund is complete and also the buyer confirm that he received the notification that he received the money back, also on his paypal activity it says there that he received the money but it doesnt show on his paypal balance nor on his savings account. Basically he doesnt received any money back at all. And its november 16, 2020 still nothing happened. Please help us how to resolve this issue. Thank you so much!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JonzKiie 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so as paypal do checks on these payment types to make sure you are not abusing the system to negate the fee and the hold.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

If the refund is completed the he has it, may take up to a week to go back to his bank account or up to 30 days to go back to a card (one billing cycle) BUT its rarely that long.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.