If I make a payment from a checking account - does Paypal charge a fee for the transaction?

PaulTF
Contributor
Contributor

For example - if I send $100 to another person with funds that are sourced directly from my checking account at a bank, does the recipient receive exactly $100 or some other amount?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulTF

Depends how you send it.

Depends on if its a purchase of goods or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaulTF
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question definitively.

To restate more clearly: If I send $100 to another person's Paypal account with funds that are sourced directly from my checking account at a bank, does the recipient receive exactly $100 or some other amount?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulTF

Then it depends again on HOW you send it ie which paypal option and if you are paying for goods or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PaulTF
Contributor
Contributor

As I mentioned above - I am transferring money into another person's Paypal account for them to use.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulTF

And as I keep asking HOW are you transfering it WHICH paypal option are you using???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PaulTF
Contributor
Contributor

Well maybe it should be evident to you that I don't know how to answer your questions.  Mine is a simple one. I send $100 to my son's Paypal Account from my checking account.

I'm not sure why it is so hard to get an answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.