I proceeded the payment with WRONG PAYMENT OPTION.

narcoleptico
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I just purchased sth and I clicked by mistake the bank account option, which I had closed a year ago.

I thought it might be automatically declined.

However, I see that the purchase is confirmed.

This is not an item so I cannot cancel the payment.

I don't know where to contact. I closed the bank account. It must have been declined. 

Will the paypal contact me to make a payment again?

or do you think it is the issue with the bank?

Kind regards.

Thanks for your reading and helps

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@narcoleptico 

PayPal does not have the capability in real time to determine if a bank account is closed or not. It is your responsibility to keep the financial information to current. Eventually, PayPal marks the payment complete, it means they processed it and the bank returns the transaction unpaid or there is an issue, the bank will let PayPal know and PayPal will notify you if it is declined or some other reason.

If you have a card linked, and paid with bank, the payment may have completed or confirmed as Instant Transfer where PayPal fronts the money ahead to the recipient and they wait for the payment to clear. If the payment doesn't clear the bank because it is closed, your PayPal balance will likely come up negative balance. If so, you'll have to add funds from your correct bank account to zero the negative PayPal balance. 

At this point, I would wait and see if PayPal notify you that payment was declined first and if they put your balance in the negative, then add funds to your PayPal to pay back what you owe to PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.