I have paypal credit as default but for certain transactions money is still taken from my debit card

Urzum
New Community Member

As the title states, although I have paypal credit as the main method of paying, there is a website where the money is still taken from my debit card linked with Paypal. This happens because when i click on pay with Paypal button I am no longer prompted with a window from Paypal to choose the means of paying.
The website is legit, there are several ways to pay and Paypal is one of them. How do I make that website take money from Paypal Credit and not my debit card?

I have too many monthly payments from my debit card via Paypal, that's why cannot easily (and also don't want to) remove the card from paypal to try if it'll use Paypal credit when shopping there.

The website is https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot

Anyone has a clue how can I sort this out?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jlgwalt64
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. Paypal is default and it randomly takes from my debit and I cannot have this happen and wonder why it happens. For me the site doesn't seem to matter. I'm beyond being angry as you cannot contact anyone at Paypal to get an answer. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Urzum, @jlgwalt64,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! There may be a few different reasons as to why you may be seeing this error. I would recommend reaching directly out to our Customer Support for further verification on why PayPal Credit is not showing up as an available funding source. 

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.