HELP!! Changed email and now cant receive payments

Pdono1989
Contributor
Contributor
I have changed my primary email address as the one I was using I have closed down, now all of my payments from depop are not going to my paypal account and i cant re add my old email as I cant verify it because I have closed it down can anyone help me
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Pdono1989
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help I managed to get in touch with someone from paypal and she reinstated my old email to my paypal account and all my payments then came through

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It sounds like depop is still configured to send payments to the old address. You should be able to change that from your depop settings.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Pdono1989
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but I've been onto my settings and my paypal is linked with my new primary email address on depop but all payments are not showing up in my account but the buyer has shown proof of payment
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Hmmm...sounds phishy to me. Is this just one buyer, or do you have multiple people saying they've paid you and you aren't seeing it?

If you don't see the payments in your activity log, then the payment didn't come to you. Simple as that. If they are trying to claim they did send you a payment, ask them for the transaction ID, and search for it in your account. If it doesn't show up you'll need to ask them to clarify exactly how they're paying.

Does depop give you some sort of notice that they did indeed complete a PayPal payment to the account you have configured with them?

Login to Me Too

Pdono1989
Contributor
Contributor
So even tho iv changed my primary email address on paypal the transaction should still show up on my paypal? I got an email from depop about selling the item but nothing from paypal about payment. I've sold another item too and that's not showing up in my account either really confused tried getting in touch with paypal and depop still waiting for a response Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you updated the depop connection to use the new email as well, yes, it would pay to the new email associated with the account. That's why I was asking about that. It sounds like maybe depop still has your old email configured somewhere..??

I see a lot of fraud from things like this, and it sounds like maybe that's what you're running into. Otherwise, depop should be showing you some sort of record that these people actually processed a payment.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Pdono1989
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help I managed to get in touch with someone from paypal and she reinstated my old email to my paypal account and all my payments then came through
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.