For Those Whose Stimulus/Impact Payment Name, and PayPal Account Name, Do Not Exactly Match

dmb3777
Contributor
Contributor

This is to anybody and everybody who submitted info (whether on the IRS Non-Filers Portal or otherwise) to get their Stimulus/Impact Payment Direct Deposited into their PayPal account WHILE their name on their PayPal account NOT exactly matching their actual full name (whether with middle initial only or not), or NOT exactly matching their name that was submitted to the IRS, to get the said Payment.

For those people with that circumstance, please reply to this post and let me know if you HAVE RECEIVED the said Payment even though the names do not exactly match; and, also reply to this post if you have NOT RECEIVED the payment yet (while the names do not exactly match) if it has been 2 weeks or more since you applied and also state how long you've been waiting so far since you've applied for the said Payment.

The reason for the above requested info is because I needed to submit my full first and last name, along with middle name initial, within the IRS' Non-Filer's web-portal. My full first name is "Douglas". And even though I have my full last name on my PayPal account and that part matches, the name, or nickname, of "Doug" is attached as my first name on my PayPal account, so the "Douglas" submitted through the Non-Filer's web-portal and the "Doug" attached to my PayPal account do not exactly match. Moreover, I have no middle name, nor middle initial, attached to my PayPal account either.

Therefore, I am wondering if I need to go through the trouble of submitting documentation to PayPal to get my full first and last name, along with middle initial, attached to my PayPal account. If I need to do this, and being that I already just recently submitted my PayPal account number and routing number on the said web-portal, then I need to make the PayPal name change before the government tries to direct deposit the Impact Payment into my PayPal account.

I chatted with a PayPal Agent about this and he said that I just needed to give the correct account and routing numbers to get the Impact Payment. However, when I told him that, while searching for instructions on applying for the said Payment, I had read on a web-page that the names should match, he started changing his tune and gave me a link to an IRS web-page to get an answer. So ...I don't know what to think ...which is why I am asking for PayPal Community replies to see what happened with others who have applied previously under the same type of circumstance.

Thank You In Advance For All Of Your Help,

Douglas.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.