Following Refund for a ticket not booked

tim510
Contributor
Contributor

I recently booked a ticket and this was cancelled however i had paid the money. When i contacted the seller, the seller requested i withdraw the dispute as they cannot be able to process refund if the dispute is not withdrawn and that the refund is not going through. Should i mark the dispute resolved before i get the refund while aware no other dispute can be open for the transaction?  Can refund be possible if dispute if the case is open?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tim510

If you had to close a dispute before a refund could be issued then that would make the dispute process pointless wouldn't it?

Your seller is trying to scam you, of course she can refund you via the dispute and when she does then the dispute closes automatically AFTER you have your refund.

If you haven't already done so ESCALATE the dispute to a claim and wait for Paypal to sort.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tim510

If you had to close a dispute before a refund could be issued then that would make the dispute process pointless wouldn't it?

Your seller is trying to scam you, of course she can refund you via the dispute and when she does then the dispute closes automatically AFTER you have your refund.

If you haven't already done so ESCALATE the dispute to a claim and wait for Paypal to sort.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tim510
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for this, i have informed the seller to do exactly as you said, your advice is useful and correct. Thanks

Login to Me Too

tim510
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the advice of informing vendor to refund and this will close which i found as a solution but the vendor replied on the dispute messages as below:

Sorry for the inconvenience, as discussed, please take back the dispute, since it still showing we cannot able to process the refund. Once Dispute is close we will issue the refund immediately.

unquote

Seems quite unusual, implying a refund is not possible when a dispute is open? Is this true?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tim510

My advice is exactly the same as already posted, I have already advised you what to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.