Double billed by merchant leaves me with huge paypal debt.

WesParsons
New Community Member

I made an online purchase from a course provider - they offered two options on payment scenarios: 1 time payment of 599 US or a payment per month for 6 months at 99US.   I agreed to the 6 month plan, and the first payment for 99 went fine but today I was hit with the full 599.  I'm not very familiar with paypal but does anyone know of a way to put a stop payment on a transaction?  I got a notice from paypal that I was now in negative numbers and needed to move over funds for them but I don't want to pay now and fight to get my money back later, I'd rather just stop this transaction.  

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @WesParsons,

Thank you for reaching out and joining the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent purchase and how it was billed. I would recommend seeing if you'd be able to open a Billing Issue Dispute on this transaction. Here's a Help Center article on Billing Disputes and when you can open them: How do I report a billing issue?

I hope that helps, best of luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.